Prevention is always better than the cure
Send Us Your Resume:
The Australia Dental Association recommends that people visit their dentist for an evaluation a minimum of twice each year. Regular evaluations are recommended, so your dentist can spot any dental problems that are developing.
What does a dental evaluation include?
- Periodontal screening for gum disease
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Deterioration of previous dental work screening
- Oral cancer screening
- TMJ and bite analysis
- Cleaning to remove plaque and calculus (tartar) buildup and prevent tooth decay is sometimes possible at an evaluation visit
- Digital dental x-rays (only when required)
- Fluoride treatments to help in the prevention of tooth decay (only when required)
- If we find a cavity during a checkup, your dentist will usually schedule a second appointment to fill it before it develops into a more severe problem.
As prevention is always better than a cure, regular dental evaluations can catch problems early before they become severe and expensive.