Prevention is always better than the cure
Request An Appointment:
(03) 6231 3645
Dental checkups are recommended by The Australia Dental Association twice a year. They suggest this so your dentist can spot any developing dental problems.
What does a dental checkup include?
- Periodontal screening for gum disease
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Deterioration of previous dental work screening
- Oral cancer screening
- TMJ and bite analysis
- Cleaning to remove plaque and calculus (tartar) buildup and prevent tooth decay is sometimes possible at a checkup
- Digital dental x-rays (only when needed)
- Fluoride treatments to help in the prevention of tooth decay (only when needed)
- If we find a cavity during a checkup, your dentist will usually schedule a second appointment to fill it before it develops into a more severe problem.
The dentist will discuss the findings with you when the examination is complete. If further treatment is required, they will discuss the options available and costs so you can decide what is appropriate for you.
Prevention is always better than a cure, so regular dental checkups can catch problems early before they become severe and expensive.