The Child Dental Benefits Schedule, or CDBS, was set up in 2014 by the Australian Government. It ensures that all children in the country can access the dental care they need. At one point, it was uncertain whether the CDBS would continue, but it remains available for qualifying families to date.
Who is eligible?
Your child is eligible for the CDBS when all of the following apply:
- they’re eligible for Medicare
- they’re between 0 and 17 years old for at least one day that calendar year
- you or your child get an eligible payment such as Family Tax Benefit Part A at least once that calendar year.
Find out what is considered an eligible payment.
What does it cover?
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule will cover up to $1,052 over two calendar years for basic dental services. The services they cover include:
- fissure sealing
- root canals
- plus more
Please note that CDBS does not cover orthodontic or cosmetic dental work or any dental services in a hospital.
Learn More About The Child Dental Benefits Schedule
Visit Services Australia.
To Check Your Child’s Eligibility
There are three ways to find out if your child is eligible:
- Check your Medicare online account through myGov.
- Call the Medicare program line on 132 011.
- Call Ian Gurner Dental Care at (03) 6231 3645. A parent can provide us with the child’s name, birth date and Medicare number, and we can check through Services Australia’s PRODA website.
Make an Appointment
Call us on (03) 6231 3645.