The New Client Visit
Let us change the way you view visiting the dentist in Hobart
At Ian Gurner Dental Care, we understand that a visit to the dentist can create anxiety for some people. It can be especially true for new clients on their first visit. We have made a conscious effort to create a dental environment to alleviate this from the moment someone walks through the door. We want to give each client the best experience possible by providing the highest personal and technical care standards.
Before Your Appointment
You should receive a Welcome to Ian Gurner Dental Care email. There will be a link to a Client Medical History Form which we ask that you complete. If you prefer not to do this online, please arrive 15 minutes before your first appointment’s scheduled time so you can complete it at the clinic. There will also be a link to download a Client Records Transfer Form. We ask you to complete and return it to us so we can arrange to have your records transferred from your previous dentist.
YOUR FIRST VISIT
We take a proactive approach to preventative dental care. During your first visit, our goal is to get to know you and your individual oral health needs. As long as emergency treatment is not required, your initial dental evaluation typically includes the following:
- Meeting our staff and becoming familiar with the practice
- Taking an oral and medical health history
- Discussing your expectations, experiences and needs
- Periodontal screening for gum disease
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Deterioration of previous dental work screening
- Oral cancer screening
- TMJ and bite analysis
- Digital dental x-rays
- Clinical photographs
What to Expect
- An exceptional level of professional skill and service from the front office right through to the clinical team.
- A comprehensive diagnosis and explanation of our findings.
- The development of treatment alternatives and a description of the costs and benefits of each so you and your family can make an informed decision in selecting the treatment most appropriate to your individual needs, means and desires.
- Active participation in continuing professional and personal development for the whole team.
- Stringent compliance with infection control standards.
- A safe, secure and calm environment.
In return, we ask for your commitment to keeping your agreements with us, including appointments. We will always endeavour to be on time and respectfully ask that you also arrive on time. It will ensure we have enough time to complete all the treatment we have planned for you and also means we can be on time for our next client.