What is Dental Hygiene?
Dental hygiene is the name given to the regular maintenance of your teeth and gums, in order to prevent dental problems. Your dental hygiene appointment is about discovering what is happening in your mouth, what areas are developing problems or are at risk of doing so in the future.
Our goal is to provide you with a pathway to a lifetime of peak oral fitness. Dental hygiene is a critical component of that pathway by helping you to create an environment at home that ensures that the work we do to restore your teeth will last. Your dentist may be able to repair the damage to your teeth and gums but the truth is there is nothing we can do that can ever overcome what you don’t do for yourself.
What is a Dental Hygienist?
Dental hygienists are masters in the art of motivating people to achieve the highest possible standard of daily oral health care. They are qualified professionals who are trained to:
- Educate and counsel adults and children on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene and nutrition;
- Remove deposits and stains from teeth by scaling and root planning;
- Assist in the prevention and control of dental decay and gum disease;
- Select and use appropriate fluoride treatments, apply fissure sealants and polish tooth restorations;
- Take x-rays;
- Make impressions of patients mouths for the construction of mouth guards and other appliances and;
- Instruct patients how to look after their teeth and mouth after dental procedures.
Our practice is very proud to include highly qualified and experienced dental hygienists on our staff. Many people are unaware of the range of treatments and services a dental hygienist offers. We invite you to take advantage of their abilities in enabling you to manage your oral care simply and completely and in a cost-effective way. Seeing a dental hygienist can actually save you money in the long term.
If you are looking for a practice who requires experience, reliability, and a high standard of care for it’s dental hygienist in Hobart call our scheduling manager today to request an appointment on (03) 6231 3645.