The Australia Dental Association recommends that people visit their dentist for an evaluation a minimum of twice each year. Regular evaluations are recommended so your dentist is able to spot any dental problems that are developing.
What does a dental evaluation include?
- Periodontal screening for gum disease
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Deterioration of previous dental work screening
- Oral cancer screening
- TMJ and bite analysis
- Cleaning to remove plaque and calculus (tartar) buildup and prevent tooth decay is sometimes possible at an evaluation visit
- Digital dental x-rays (only when required)
- Fluoride treatments to help in the prevention of tooth decay (only when required)
- If a cavity is detected during a checkup, your dentist will usually schedule a second appointment to fill the cavity before it develops into a more serious problem.
As prevention is always better than the cure. Regular dental evaluations can catch problems early, before they become serious and expensive.
If you are looking for a practice with experience, reliability, and a high standard of care in the area of dental evaluations in Hobart call our scheduling manager today to request an appointment on (03) 6231 3645.