At Ian Gurner Dental Care we understand that a visit to the dentist can create anxiety for some people. This can be especially true for a new patient at their first visit. We have made a very conscious effort to create a dental environment to alleviate this from the moment a client walks through the door. We want to give each client the best experience possible by providing the high standards of personal and technical care. Our dentists and dental hygienists have a gentle and compassionate approach to dental treatment.
Your First Visit
We take a proactive approach to preventative dental care. During your first visit our goal is to get to know you and what your individual oral health needs are. As long as emergency treatment is not required, your initial dental evaluation typically includes:
- Meeting our staff and become familiar with the practice
- Taking an oral and medical health history
- Discussing your expectations, experiences and needs
- Periodontal screening for gum disease
- Dental caries (cavities) screening
- Deterioration of previous dental work screening
- Oral cancer screening
- TMJ and bite analysis
- Digital dental x-rays
- Clinical photographs
Your First Appointment
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your first appointment’s schedued time so we can welcome you properly and have you complete a Patient History Form.
We suggest you download a New Client Welcome Packet. This includes some information about Ian Gurner Dental Care and a Client Records Transfer Form which we ask you to complete and return to us so we can arrange to have you records transfered from your previous dentist. Also if you have private insurance bring the details with you.
What to Expect
You can expect from us:
- An exceptional level of professional skill and service, from the front office right through to the clinical team.
- Comprehensive diagnosis and explanation of our findings.
- The development of treatment alternatives and an explanation of costs and benefits of each, so you and your family can make an informed decision in selecting treatment that is most appropriate to your individual needs, means and desires.
- Active participation in continuing professional and personal development for the whole team.
- Stringent compliance with infection control standards.
- A safe, secure and calm environment.
In return, we ask for your commitment to keeping your agreements with us including appointments. We will always endeavour to be on time for your appointment and respectfully ask that you also be on time for yours. This will ensure we have enough time to complete all the treatment we have planned for you and also means we can then be on time for our next client.